Friday, January 28, 2011

A Look At A Retro-Future

I was on the internet and I stumbled across this website that posted nothing but classic, vintage art works and collectibles. I came across these "futuristic" ads, and they were extremely interesting. It was odd thinking about how our grandparents fantasized about how different life would be in the 21st century. I also observed how exploited the female body was in advertising, and how the vicious cycle began a long time ago. I posted the following ad's because they went along with my blog's DNA and outline. These ad's are classic ads, in the sense that they were made 50 or so years ago, but also futuristic, in the sense that they were predicting the future, in the ads.
 
RetroFUTURISTIC Advertising: Advertising that Reminisces & Looks FORWARD 

No comments:

Post a Comment